Israeli Kibbutz Hotels-need info

Old Sep 3rd, 1999, 12:31 PM
Libby

Israeli Kibbutz Hotels-need info

Hi,
For my forthcoming trip to Israel in November '99, I'm considering staying in several Kibbutz Hotels. Does anyone have any information on the following: Nachsholim, Hagoshrim and Kfar Blum? Would appreciate any feedback--Thanks!!

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 08:46 AM
John

Hi, Libby,
Presumably you've visited some of the relevant web sites, like http://www.kibbutz.co.il/ (general info) or
http://www.shoshani-weinstein.co.il/...000/index.html (Hagoshrim).
The kibbutz hotels you've mentioned all look to be pretty small.
We havn't stayed at any of these but the Golan and the coast are certainly worth visiting. However, if someone mentions a (former) kibbutz hotel at Neve Yam (on the beach south of Haifa), run the other way. If you want to go to the Dead Sea, the kibbutz hotel at Ein Gedi is comfortable enough if a little pricey. Good luck!

Old Sep 9th, 1999, 11:39 AM
Allan

My wife and I just returned from Israel. We did not stay at a kibbutz hotel, but we did stay in one last trip (9 years ago) in the Galilee - I can't remember the name. We were sorry we did, because we felt rather isolated. In hindsight, we wished we had spent the night in Tiberius, so that we could walk around, rather than being stuck on a kibbutz. I did the kibbutz volunteer thing in 1970 and 1971, so just to stay on a kibbutz for the evening wasn't anything I really needed to do.

Old Sep 12th, 1999, 06:26 PM
David

My daughter, who was just in Israel this past year, is familiar with Kfar Blum; she spent a day there but not at the hotel. She said the pool area was very nice. She said the actual hotel seemed nice too, from what she could see. As you are probably aware, she thought the area to be great. Near the Naot shoe factory. She also said Kfar Hanasi in the general area of Safad was very nice too. Good luck picking a place and enjoy your trip.

Old Dec 27th, 1999, 04:31 AM
Janet Riley

My friend and I are going to Israel in Aug 2000 We were originally to sty in the convent at the mount of the Beatitudes and now they are trying to switch some of us to conventional hotel Nof Ginossar - do you know what kind, clean nice and accommodating about this hotel.

Old Dec 29th, 1999, 09:39 AM
Eli

Janet: Nof Ginnosar Hotel is located on the premises of Kibbutz Ginnosar, and is operated by the kibbutz. I am not personally familiar with this hotel, but they are both (hotel & kibbutz) located on the shore of the Sea of Gallilee amidst beautiful scenary.
A few years ago an ancient boat, claimed to be dating back to Christ period, was found there and a small museum has been built around it. I know this does not tell you anything about hotel cleanliness etc but I thought it might be interesting...
The hotel publishes a 4 page brochure. If you supply a mailing address I will be glad to mail it to you.

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 05:48 PM
Marcy

Have spent a lot of time in Israel and stayed for a long time and worked at a well-known kibbutz in the south by the Dead Sea. Two summers ago, went back to the country with some friends who had not been, and we wound up staying at Nof Ginnosar. Pretty standard kibbutz fare, particularly for the north of the country. It is considered one of the most prosperous kibbutzim in the country. By American standards, you will probably find it a bit wanting (i.e., beds a bit small and hard, rooms a bit small), but it is clean and the food is good general kibbutz fare (lots of dairy stuff that is fresh from the cows, etc., breakfast fish, cheeses, fruit). It's a great base for seeing the north, including Golan Heights (which may soon be back in Syrian hands), The Sea of Galillee, where Jesus did the fishes and loaves, and gave the sermon on the mount, and the place where the "keep your eyes on the boat" thing also happened. Also don't miss the caves of the Sanhedrin. The tour guides are terrific there. It is a truly wonderful professional job that they do, so you should hire one because they will give you an excellent historical background that will not be boring. Have a great time. You will want to go back many times....