Travel Africa Magazine

Apr 20th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Original Poster

Travel Africa Magazine

Every since I talked my wife into our upcoming East African holiday it seems like I spend all my free time on the internet researching itineraries and operators. In my search I came across a UK based magazine called TRAVEL AFRICA MAGAZINE - web site : http://www.travelafricamag.com/

Anyone subscribe? Opinions? The free oferings look interesting, but at $48 for 4 issues it isn't a bargin. Thought I'd ask the experts opinion before I signed up. Thanks! Andrew
Apr 20th, 2004, 11:11 PM

Yes I subscribe, have done for over a year and have all the back issues too.

I think it's an absolutely marvellous magazine.

It only costs me £15 UK for the 4 annual issues so $48 seems a touch steep - is that including postage to outside of the UK?
Apr 21st, 2004, 02:14 AM

You don't have to subscribe unless you want to. Travel Africa magazine can be found at a wide array of magazine stands, such as the type in Barnes & Noble. It is a wonderful magazine, as is Africa Geographic.
Apr 21st, 2004, 09:33 AM

I recently got the first issue of my year's subscription. Although the price is quite steep (I live in the US), I was impressed by it. The magazine is far more impressive than the website. I took a chance when subscribing and I am pretty happy with the results.
Apr 21st, 2004, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input. I have not seen it in B&N but I'll keep my eye out for it there. I think I'll suscribe - what is $48 in relationship to the cost of the trip?
Apr 21st, 2004, 02:28 PM

We too subscribe in the UK and eagerly look forward to it's arrival - it's a great magazine.

We were lucky because the Tour Operator we used for Tanzania last year (Pulse Africa) took out a year's subscription for us as a gift - much better than a safari hat or bag. We've just renewed because it's such a great treat having a magazine totally dedicated to Africa.

Search this Thread