Travco's nile cruise

Mar 24th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

Travco's nile cruise

Has anyone taken a nile cruise (3 nights)arranged by Travco on either the M/S Royale or M/S Regency? The go from Aswan to Luxor. I I would like to hear other opinions as i m arranging a entire tour with Travco but have never heard about these boats. Thank you
Mar 24th, 2004, 02:56 PM
sandi

Is that Travco or Travcoa? I've heard of the latter, not the former. As to names of Nile cruise boats, new ones comes on line yearly, so it can be difficult to keep up with them. Ask when the boat first went into service, size, number of cabins, food service, tours provided, the guides - whatever you need to know.

If they are older boats, ask when they were last refurbished? Have you seen pictures of these boats, decor, size of suites, etc.

As to Travcoa, they offer trips on the hi-end pricewise, similar to A&K, but basically they have the same itinerary as other companies. If Travcoa, are they offering anything other than what other companies are?

Mar 29th, 2004, 04:11 PM

I just returned (Feb 20 -Mar 7) from a trip to Egypt, Jordan and Israel. The Nile cruise was on the MS Regency but we went from Luxor to Aswan. My tour was arranged by X'otic Destinations and they used Travco to do the Egypt portion. I was quite pleased and had a wonderful time.
Apr 7th, 2004, 09:59 AM

Dear Alejandra: For information on our trip on the M/S Royale, booked through Travco, please see my posts of 08/01/2002 and 08/20/2002 under the thread entitled "Nile Cruise". Alternatively, you should be able to click on my screen name of David (at the top of this post) and see those posts. Bottom line is that we had a great time, the ship was quite nice and Travco did a great job for us at a very moderate price. Have fun.

Search this Thread