Notices

transportation in Israel

Jan 29th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Original Poster

transportation in Israel

I have gotten ridiculously confused while researching costs of sheruts vs. private taxis. Two of us will need to go back and forth a few times between Tel Aviv and Ra'anaa on the Sabbath. 1.) When I see the prices for private taxis, that is the total cost of the ride regardless of # of people, right? I know the sherut prices I've seen are per person. 2) Can a sherut take on any luggage, even if it's a duffel bag that's too bulky to put on one's lap? 3) Do buses start running Sat. night after Shabbat ends, or not 'til Sunday morning? Thanks for your help!!
Jan 29th, 2014, 10:07 PM

Private taxi prices can ( some do, some don't ) add a small surcharge after the first 2 people. They can also charge extra for luggage.

The sherut is per person. Unless you are talking about the airport sherut there is no place for luggage. A duffel bag would have to be in the aisle, necessitating others to step over and around it. It would be the driver's choice of whether he allowed it or not.

Buses run Saturday night.
Jan 29th, 2014, 10:42 PM

There are no sheruts to Raanana.

Buses start running soon after the Sabbath ends.

Taxis can charge 4.40 NIS for each large piece of luggage. They cannot charge for hand luggage.
Jan 30th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. That tells me exactly what I need to know, even though I'm very disappointed to learn of no sheruts to raanana!

Search this Thread