Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page >

Which sound and light show should I attend?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2000, 03:52 AM
kiersten

In past forums people rated the sound and light shows. I can not find those old questions...please help, we will be there in Sept. <BR>THNX

Old Aug 6th, 2000, 04:53 AM
M.E.Topper

Kierstan: I brought the Globus message to top (should be next message down), that has sound and light info from about 2nd reply.

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 06:32 AM
xxx

We saw the Karnak sound and light. They lead you through the temple while lighting different statues and speaking about them in a deep, majestic voice. Then you sit at an outdoor amphitheatre, overlooking the lake, and see more lasers and lights. It was fun touring the temple at night and then seeing it in the daylight the next day.

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 07:44 AM
Sandy

We attended the one in Luxor and it was awful. The temples were very pretty at night but not well lit at all. I had a great, bright flash light and I was a saviour for many, many older travelers who could not navigate in the dark on uneven paths. <BR> <BR>Besides being dangerous, it was boring. I wish we had skipped it. We didn't go to the one in Cairo, maybe someone else can advise.

Old Sep 11th, 2000, 10:17 AM
Myriam

We attended the one at Philae and I second Sandy: awful, temple was very badly lit, very boring. <BR>

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 03:39 PM
Dick

kiersten, <BR>We attended the show at the Giza pyramids this past July 1st as part of our Globus tour. Although I had read more than one negative review on this show we went anyway. The evening was quite pleasant with a nice breeze and no bugs. Ours was the first show of the evening. Some of the narration may have been a bit on the long side but we still enjoyed the setting. Being seated in front of the Sphinx and the pyramids made for a qreat way to end our stay in Egypt. My comments may not give you much to go on as we didn't attend any other light/sound show but... <BR> <BR>