transport from Tel Aviv to BG Airport

Old Sep 28th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
transport from Tel Aviv to BG Airport

Do Tel Aviv sheruts pickup from Tel Aviv hotels to deliver passengers to Ben Gurion Aiport, and do they do this in the middle of the night? If they do, can you tell me how I can make this arrangement? Or would I be better off taking a taxi?

Also: About how much do taxi's charge for this trip?
Old Sep 28th, 2007, 07:08 PM
P_M

Last Feb I paid appx $25 for a taxi ride from TLV to my hotel. It's possible there's a surcharge for the middle of the night, as that is true for many cities. I did not take a sherut because it was the Sabbath and as best I could tell the sheruts were not running. Your hotel s/b able to help arrange transport by taxi or sherut.
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 11:29 AM

Hello P_M I too paid $25. Taxis run 24/7, maybe with the exception of Yom Kippur.

Make sure you'll be in the airpot 3 hours before the flight. Security will take longer then in the US.
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 05:12 PM
P_M

Faina says, "Security will take longer then in the US."

HA, you're telling me!! Especially true if you're a female traveling alone. You WILL be questioned, again and again.
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 09:49 AM

"Especially true if you're a female traveling alone. You WILL be questioned, again and again." --Yes, based on some past incidents in which some bad guys lured innocent women to carry some "goodies" with them, that turned out to be not so good...

One famous case from years ago was a young English (or was she Irish, I don't remember) woman whose Palestinian fiance sent her to visit his parents in the West Bank... She was boarding an El-Al flight in London, with a bomb that was disguised as a portable radio, that she thought to be a gift for his parents....
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 09:59 AM
P_M

Yes, I've also heard about the Irish woman who was flying to Tel Aviv, supposedly to meet his family. In fact she was pregnant with his child. El Al's security thought it was strange her finance wasn't accompanying her on this trip, so they questioned her and found the bomb.

I understand the reasons for this questioning, but I wanted to let the OP know to get there VERY early if she is travevling alone.