Transport from Pretoria Train Station to JNB

Jul 15th, 2002, 06:43 PM
David

Transport from Pretoria Train Station to JNB

I will be travelling in South Africa this fall and will need to travel from the Pretoria train station to Johannesburg International Airport. I've repeatedly read that the intercity trains should be avoided. I'm looking for advice on taxis, busses, or shuttles.

Thanks

Jul 15th, 2002, 11:07 PM
local

David

From Pretoria station you take a public bus to Church Square in the centre of Pretoria. (I think it could be a 15 - 20 minute walk which could be problem if you have luggage.) From the Square you walk for about 10 minutes eastwards in Church Street (or take a bus to Sammy Marks Square across from the State Theatre.) Turn left a the corner of Church and Prinsloo streets into Prinsloo street. The Sammy Marks shopping mall is on your left and the Reserve Bank (high, black building) on your right. On the next corner (cnr Vermeulen and Prinsloo street) is an office of the shuttle service between Pretoria and the JH airport. I think the cost is about R40,00 - not sure though.

To cut out all the above hassle, you could take a taxi from the station to the shuttle office.

The warnings about the trains are unfortunately true.

Enjoy your trip!!

Search this Thread