transit visa?

Oct 10th, 2001, 05:55 PM
lily

transit visa?

I'm sure this is not a big deal - but just wanted to check in here with the expert!

Got a call from Royal Air Maroc saying that my flight has changed, what was a direct non-stop from jfk to casa will now be stopping in Montreal, and I am required to obtain a Canadian transit visa before departure. My flight is Tuesday, and they called me Wednesday night!

Anyway, I'm a U.S. citizen and assuming that I don't need to do anything, but I will call consultate to confirm. However, can anyone here give me some additional reassurance that I am not going to have a to spend a day that I don't have messing around getting a visa?

Thanks!
Lily

Oct 12th, 2001, 11:08 AM
Faina

Visa for entering Canada? For a USA citizen? Maybe it's changed but 3 years ago we went to Canada with USA passports and no problems.

Oct 12th, 2001, 02:16 PM
Gina

Lily:
I am a U.S. citizen as well and because we live near Canadian border we often travel to Montreal. Further, we also use Dorval airport in Montreal and I want to asure you that you do not need any visa. Perhaps it is needed for citizens of Morocco and this is a reason for misinformation. Are you changing planes or this is only a stop to pick up more passangers? You still won't need a visa.

Search this Thread