train travel in morocco

Jun 28th, 2001, 03:07 AM
skot

train travel in morocco

we are going to Morroco in Oct,flying into CAS but want to go on to Fez the same day.
should we hire a big taxi,5 adults,or is the train just as easy and as quick?
what are we talking in cost for a taxi?

Jun 28th, 2001, 06:23 AM
UOVE

We visited Marrakesh a couple of years ago and hired a taxi for the entire day for less than $100 US (4 adults). We also speak French and bargained the driver down. The experience was amazing - he took us to a real "souk" (market) - not the one for tourists - and to his village, and to a pottery maker in the mountains, and even invited us to his home for couscous! However, I would assume that if you get a taxi at the airport you won't be able to get a rate like that. If you want to go the taxi route, I recommend you get away from the airport first. And make sure you nail down the fare in advance! You may also be able to go by bus, or "car".

Another tip, unrelated - our driver and others asked us for Nike items - ball caps and t-shirts. If you can get a couple cheaply and bring them along, they might help the bargaining game!

Jul 5th, 2001, 05:49 PM
elvira

The train is cheap (around $10 second class) and about five hours. You have to change trains in Rabat, if I remember correctly.

Search this Thread