Train Reservations

Apr 15th, 2006, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

Train Reservations

My husband and I will be in Egypt on the 19th and I have been trying to make reservations on the sleeping train to Luxor from Cairo and a return to Alexandria. Is there a special way of doing this? I did send my request to their email and never heard a thing back. When I contacted my hotel for advice, they sent me to a travel agency which charged an extra $100 usd for the trip each way.

Any thoughts?
Apr 15th, 2006, 10:52 AM

How to buy tickets - Cairo-Luxor-Aswan sleeper:
call + 20 2 574 94 74
or fax +20 2 574 90 74
The best way to book the deluxe sleeper train between Cairo, Luxor & Aswan is direct with Abela Egypt who run these trains, by phone, fax or email. Times & fares are on Abela Egypt's website, www.sleepingtrains.com.
You can in theory e-mail your booking request to [email protected], but travellers report that they don't usually get a reply. Instead, fax your request to + 20 2 574 90 74 or phone their reservation office on + 20 2 574 94 74 or + 20 2 574 92 74. Travellers report that the reservations office responds to faxes quickly. They will give you a booking reference and you can pick up the tickets and pay for them (in US Dollars or Euros) at the Abela Egypt sleeper reservation office at Cairo station. You must collect them at least 24 hours before departure. If you cannot pick up tickets at least 24 hours in advance, the alternative is to book through a travel agency as recommended above, paying slightly higher fares plus a booking fee.

Apr 15th, 2006, 11:00 AM

How to buy tickets - via www.egyptlegend.com, www.osoris.com, or www.safariegypt.com
If you want to book Egyptian train tickets in advance before you leave home, you can book by e-mail through several Egyptian travel agencies. Reputable agencies include www.egyptlegend.com/trainreservation.htm, www.osoris.com, www.egyptiants.net, and www.safariegypt.com. Osoris charges fares about $10 higher than the normal ticket price, plus a $5 booking fee if you collect the tickets from their office in Cairo, a $25 booking fee if you want them delivered to your hotel, $25 for delivery to the airport to meet your flight, or $20 to meet you with the tickets at Cairo railway station. They also make a 6% credit card charge. To book, e-mail them at [email protected], call + 20 2 302 8561 or fax + 20 2 3464146. Both Osoris and Egyptlegend have been recommended so far by travellers

Search this Thread