Tour Operator Recommendation

Feb 8th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

Tour Operator Recommendation

We are planning a trip to Egypt this summer with our two daughters, ages 13 and 15. What tour operators can be recommended that combines the Cairo/Giza area with a Nile cruise? We only have a very small window of travel dates and want to make the most of our time.
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:05 AM
sandi

You can deal with a US based company or an in-country Egypt company. Most 9-10/day itinearies are the same - the difference maybe whether the trip to Abu Simbel is included or you pay extra - even if extra, it's worth the expense.

Otherwise, you spend about 2-days in Cairo/Giza - visiting the Pyramids, Sphinx, Memphis & Sakkara, the Museum, the Khan Khalili Bazaar and Old Cairo (various stops here). You then fly to either Luxor or Aswan depending on which direction your Nile cruise boat is going.

From Aswan you have the option to do the Abu Simbel trip, then once in Aswan you visit Philae Island, take a felluca cruise, cruise to Edfu, Esna, to Luxor (or from Luxor just the opposite). In Luxor you visit the Valley of the Kings & Queens, Luxor and Karnak Temples. Then return to Cairo where you might have an extra day.

You can contact:
Egyptian Connections (in country Egypt tour operator, search for their site address)
MISR (another in country, again search for their site address)
ISRAM Travel (in NYC) www.isram.com
Gate1 Travel (in PA) search site address

Do realize that the summer months are very hot, but your hotels, vehicles, and Nile cruise boat are air conditioned. And the further South from Cairo (Luxor to Aswan and Abu Simbel) get very hot. Hope this gets you started.

Feb 9th, 2004, 11:15 AM

I'm about to post a somewhat similar question. We had intended to book the Trafalgar (we like Trafalgar) 9 days Egypt tour, including Nile cruise for October 2003. But now find the timing of a very similar Globus tour will suit our timetable better. I'm soliciting comments on Trafalgar v Globus. Maybe someone will comment on this in replies to you.
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:36 AM

Tom & Carrie --

My wife & I are leaving on March 9th. We're using MISR:

www.misrtravel.us
1-800-223-4978

11 days/9 nites incl 3 nites Nile River cruise. We also are going to Abu Simbel as an extra.

Have fun planning. If you have any other Q's about our planning, send me an email: [email protected]

Bob

Search this Thread