Tour Companies

Jun 14th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

Tour Companies

Does anyone have experience with either 'Masai Travel, Inc' or '2Afrika' for safaris in Kenya/Tanzania? Would appreciate por or neg comments - planning trip for Feb/Mar 2008.
Jun 14th, 2007, 05:07 PM

here's a link for a thread containing 2afrika.
http://tinyurl.com/2ad2l2
there are quite a few if you use the search box, nothing on Masai Travel Inc.
Jun 15th, 2007, 04:04 AM

halemu ---
We leave in 9 days and are using 2Afrika - their local providers will be Naked Wilderness and Leopard Tours. We will be doing the "Wildest Dream" in Kenya and Tanzania found on their web site. Before I booked, I got quick replies to all my questions. The company just moved from NJ to Manhattan and I must admit that replies came in more slowly during this time. A friend recommened them to me because she did a trip with them last year and was very pleased. When time allows upon return, I'll try to give more input. This is our first Africa trip. Anyone else out there going on the same safari that starts (in Kenya) on 27 June and ending in Tanzania on 5 July?
Jun 15th, 2007, 05:23 AM

I used 2Afrika last year for a "custom" trip to Botswana and they were competetively priced with good responses. The only small glitch was a transfer from Zambia to Chobe. This year when I compared prices for a custom trip to TZ I found them to be significantly more expensive on a per night basis.
I would suggest getting quotes from a variety of sources and then compare what you would be paying per night on the ground.
Jun 15th, 2007, 10:57 AM

We are going on Safari with 2Afrika in July of this year. Mike Frederick has been AWESOME. He has answered every little silly question we have had. I will be anxious to hear how your trip with them goes, ddlovestravel. Please DO post when you return.
Hopefully our trip will be as good as their representative, Mike Frederick!
Jul 9th, 2007, 05:30 AM

Just got back on Friday from Kenya and Tanzania - used 2Afrika --- their local companies were Naked Wilderness and Leopard Tours ---- had a wonderful time - what an experience! I believe Naked Wilderness was a little better in our experience - but both fantastic! Many things to catch up on here at home so may be a while before I can post more. We saw the big five and much more. I would not hesitate to use 2Afrika again or to recommend it. I saw the transportation provided by other companies and ours were comparable and obviously, we stayed in many of the same beautiful lodges! DD