Tough decision

Nov 8th, 2005, 06:07 PM
dlo
Original Poster

Tough decision

A tourist was killed today at Murchison Falls.This is my first stop in Uganda in a few weeks and as much as i want to go here i just don't know.
They say they are increasing security and all that and i believe chance of another attack by the LRA are slim but i'm pretty nervous about it.

I'm probably looking for reassurances to go even though i should not be,but i've always wanted to go here.

P.S. I didn't post a link but i'm sure you can google it.
Nov 8th, 2005, 07:22 PM

Dear dlo, you have to follow your heart, but my husband and I left for Egypt just a few weeks after the bombings in Sharm.. and I am so glad we went. Still and all your odds of being killed in a car crash are thousands of times greater then being killed by malicious intent.... If I were in your position, I would go. Basically there is no "safe' place on this entire planet...
Nov 9th, 2005, 06:54 PM
dlo
Original Poster

I will still definitely be going to Uganda,and will probably still go to Murchison Falls.With my stress levels already through the roof from planning 3 months in Africa and making sure my house,cats,and dogs well taking care of this is the last thing i needed!

You're right of course,there is no safe place as every place i want to see has either a terror alert or a rebel army lurking nearby.Sometimes we live in a pretty sad world.
Nov 9th, 2005, 06:59 PM

but what a world it is! in 24 hours or less, you can fly from a huge/small american/european/asian city and be in the middle of nowhere surrounded by elephants, lions, impala and 100's of other wild animals. sure beats living on the moon!

Search this Thread