Too late to book for summer '06?

Jan 5th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Original Poster

Too late to book for summer '06?

Folks-

I've been thinking about going on a safari to Kenya and/or Tanzania in June/July 2006. Are all the best spots already booked up? I've seen several comments like 'we're getting to the end of the booking season', etc, which has me worried.

Also, is June/July the best time to go? We can go anytime this year or next, but my understanding is that late June or early July is the best because the rains have stopped but it is still cool(er).

D
Jan 5th, 2006, 06:26 AM
sandi

It's not to early to seriously consider 2007. Yes, there may be space available for the latter part of 2006, but know that both Kenya and Tanzania are having banner years... so many properties, if not all, are pretty much booked for June/July 2006.

For 2007 - Mid-Jauary thru March is good for the Southeast and Central Serengeti; Tarangire and the Ngorongoro Crater are good. And in Kenya's Amboseli, Samburu, Lk. Nakuru and the Mara are good (the latter not as good as mid-Jul thru mid-Oct... but still wonderful).

You can consider June/July 2007 for the Central/Western Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater and Tarangire from mid-June thru October. In Kenya, as above are good especially the Mara from mid-July on thru October.

And again, the late 2007, as above, the Northern/Central Serengeti and Kenya (though major heards will be returning to the Serengeti).

If you are not restricted and instead of obtaining prices now for June/July 2006 and then finding there is little or any space and scurrying to find "something; or further into 2006, the same situation... good idea to think further out and get what you want by planning ahead.

Search this Thread