TLV (Tel Aviv) to San Francisco ticketing tips?

Feb 14th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

TLV (Tel Aviv) to San Francisco ticketing tips?

Any tips or tricks, regarding routing, for getting a good RT Fare Tel Aviv to San Francisco? Unfortunately, this came up suddenly, I will barely have a week advance purchase, ouch.

Fainagain, did you find anything? I saw in a search of the board that you were looking for this route, too.

I am on my way over to Flyertalk, but it is always good to get more than one source/data point.

TIA
Feb 14th, 2006, 08:04 PM

There is an AL AL flight from LA to TLV. But them there are many other ways to do that, including several European airlines, thru Europe, as long as they land in SF...

Why don't you go on http://www.sidestep.com/air/
This is a great site, that actually COMPARES other sites, to get you the best deal...

...But also, check with a good travel agent... They can still get you better deals than the internet sometimes....
Feb 15th, 2006, 10:13 AM

When I was looking, the rates were in upper $800s with very inconvenient (for me) schedules, like too short or too long connections, early departure, late arrival. I chose a bit more expensive Continental flight.

I tried to find something for you TA-SF, nope, Delta was the cheapest. Sorry can't help you. I even checked Oakland and El Al to Los Angeles.

Maybe 2 airline companies, like Tel-Aviv to New York and New York to SF on JetBlue or Southwest?
Feb 16th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Original Poster

FainaAgain, thank you very much. We are going to go with Delta, if something goes wrong, since it is all their flights (using SONG to SFO), hopefully they will take care of our friend.

Also, I am hearing rumors about a NW strike, which means using KLM/NW will be a bad idea.

I also checked TLV to LAX and you are right, it didn't help on the pricing.

Search this Thread