Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Tipilikwani ???? (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/tipilikwani-661911/)

simbakubwa Dec 1st, 2006 04:06 PM

Tipilikwani ????

Has anyone ever heard of Tipilikwani Tented Camp?

It is a very new camp just on the Masai Mara border (near Talek gate)

Anyone heard anything about it??

simbakubwa Dec 2nd, 2006 03:15 AM

I don't think there is a website, but I figured someone might know!

santharamhari Dec 2nd, 2006 05:58 AM

Have you checked Eben's website yet?

This one doesnt ring a bell......

climbhighsleeplow Dec 2nd, 2006 06:49 AM

Wow, there are a lot of new camps now.

I have not heard of this one. Will try to find it next week when I'm in the area. I am now counting 12 new camps to visit/gps-plot in the Mara!

Thanks for posting!

simbakubwa Dec 2nd, 2006 07:38 AM

Yes, it is a new luxury tented camp just outside the park boundary and very near the Talek gate.

Eben, it would be really great to get your feedback (and GPS) on the place!

Merjahelene Aug 16th, 2007 10:54 AM

I have just on the 4th of August 2007 returned home to Finland from Tipilikwani Luxury Tented Camp near the Talek Village where we stayed the last two nights of our 8.5 days safari tour from Tanzania to Kenya/Masai Mara. The Camp had just been opened 2 weeks before our visit, everything was new, it was all clean, shiny, comfortable and the tents with the beds wonderful to sleep in. The bathroom area was the size of the actual bedroom area. Delicious food, good service, interesting really African bush program during dinner times. The fence around the Camp is for the protection of the visitors and to ensure their peace and privacy, preventing for instance close-by herds of masai cows entering the Camp area.
Don't have experience on the other tented camps in Masai Mara but this is surely a place worth of a visit! Search the internet pages by Atua Enkop.

nyama Aug 16th, 2007 11:55 AM

www.atua-enkop.com/mara.php

Eben -- Tipilikwani is already on your January JPEG.

simbakubwa Aug 16th, 2007 12:35 PM

Thanks Merjahelene!

Do you have any photos of the camp? (You can't always trust a website!!)

Did you like the food?

Merjahelene Aug 18th, 2007 04:31 AM

Hi there,
I am working on my digi camera photos and will soon have them ready for launching. Meanwhile, I suggest you go to www.atua-enkop.com pages for really good photos on this Luxury Tented Camp. The food there was served to tables except breakfast on a buffét. You could choose between meat or vegetable or soup and we changed our desserts to fresh mango and papaya. The Camp itself is just fine, servants try more than their best but the location a bit too far from the center of Masai Mara. It's a real African bush experience with interesting evening program which we hope to continue for all its visitors. Cars do have 4 wheels, though! All the best.

simbakubwa Aug 18th, 2007 08:38 AM

Yeah, I saw the website, but I also know websites can be deceiving!!

I look forward to seeing yours when they're posted!