Time to travel?

Jun 12th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Time to travel?

We are trying to fit our Morocco trip around another trip to Turkey. Our choices are to be there from approximately April 9-22 or beginning about May 15 for two weeks. Which would work better in terms of weather? I fear May will be getting quite hot.

One other question: Does anyone have a suggestion for a driver who could take us around the country for two weeks?

Thanks
Jun 15th, 2015, 08:20 AM

Hi. I went in May ( mid May till end of May) and it was great. It wasn't hot in the desert and actually it was unexpectedly cold in Fes. Many people get the impression that morocco is only a hot country but their winters are quite cold. My friend went in April and she felt quite chilly. I prefer May to be honest. It starts to get hot in June and even then in the weekends u need a light jersey. I just came back from marrakech last Saturday. It was hot but bearable and chilly at night. Also if u r combining it with turkey then May should be better as April may still be chilly. So opt for May as regards for a driver I always go with the same company as I find them good and good friends now. I went with adrartravel on several occasions so I guess u will enjoy it too. Enjoy Morocco is a great place
Jun 15th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Monsh: I think May sounds better also. And I will follow up with Adrartravel also. Appreciate the suggestion.
Jun 16th, 2015, 09:03 AM

You are welcome. In two weeks you can see loads of morocco and feel and learn about their culture. U could also spend time like a night with the nomads and do their chores with them, cook, milk goats, was great fun. Hassan can organise this. Must does and sees in morocco for me would be this, sleeping in the desert in the middle of dunes, Chefchaoen, fes, whole desert trip, marrakech and Eassaouira. U will love it

Search this Thread