Search

Considering Capetown...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 1999, 03:33 PM
Alison

Considering Capetown...

I am considering Capetown as a possible future vacation. I know very little about this vacation destination and wondered if it would be worth the trip (from new york city). If so - would 10 days be enough time? I imagine there would be access to a relaxing beach and daytime activities? What type of activities/day trips are popular? Thanks for any advice!!

Old Apr 3rd, 1999, 11:52 AM
Vincent

Capetown is a fantastic city... provided the weather is good... and you don't go in the height of the season. So it depends a lot on when you want to go. My favorite months are : October, November ; then forget December and January, South African summer vacation and hordes of Europeans descending on the town ; February and March are the best months, early April as well. It's a typical beach resort,but with a breathtaking beauty of its own. Take the natural beauty of Hawaii, the sophistication of the French riviera, the laid- back attitude of California, and you'll get Capetown. All that with prices you would encounter in Mexico. So, definitely, if you can go in the months I described, do go. PLus there are lots of day-trips, activities. You can e-mail directly if you want more information.

Old Apr 3rd, 1999, 11:52 AM
Vincent

Capetown is a fantastic city... provided the weather is good... and you don't go in the height of the season. So it depends a lot on when you want to go. My favorite months are : October, November ; then forget December and January, South African summer vacation and hordes of Europeans descending on the town ; February and March are the best months, early April as well. It's a typical beach resort,but with a breathtaking beauty of its own. Take the natural beauty of Hawaii, the sophistication of the French riviera, the laid- back attitude of California, and you'll get Capetown. All that with prices you would encounter in Mexico. So, definitely, if you can go in the months I described, do go. PLus there are lots of day-trips, activities. You can e-mail directly if you want more information.

Old Apr 11th, 1999, 06:33 AM
Corinna

Hi <BR> <BR>As mentioned in the previous reply, Cape Town is simply stunning, and there is lots to do and see. We are tour operators in South Africa and can assist with your planning. For more info and photographs have a look at our website www.outlookafrica.co.za You can then also contact us directly through our enquiry page. <BR> <BR>Looking forward to hearing from you. <BR> <BR>Kind regards from a sunny South Africa. <BR>Corinna

Old Apr 22nd, 1999, 09:50 AM
Kim

I have just returned from Cape Town myself. It is, like the other posted replys, WONDERFUL! So much to see and do, friendly people, spectacular scenery. And cheap too! You will not be bored for one minute. I was only there for one week and it was not nearly long enough. You might luck out with 10 days, but my next trip will be at least two weeks. Any questions, please email me. <BR>

Old May 23rd, 1999, 10:23 PM
sunaina

I recently visited CApetown and it is a wonderful place, especially the waterfornt area. <BR>Also not to miss is a trip to Robben Island prison. <BR> <BR>Rgds