This really is a great forum...

Apr 5th, 2004, 01:19 AM
Original Poster

This really is a great forum...

After throwing my restless dogs out for the night, here I am wide awake at 2:15AM Pacific Standard Time, and was just going through some old threads. I especially can appreciate the below one, the original "Tick tock, tick tock" thread, both since Liz just paid homage to it but mostly because knowing that Kavey is now having the time of her life in the Masai Mara! See Kavey's response below!

Glad to see that her time has finally come and that her third trip will not require a three year wait, but probably only a three WEEK wait!

"Tick tock, tick tock"

Author: Roccco
Date: 05/28/2003, 10:20 pm
Message: Is there any harder time than the final week leading up to a return trip to Africa???!!!

If given the opportunity, I could go home tonight and pack and be on the redeye flight to Johannesburg! I have absolutely NOTHING going on between now and my trip. The original plan was to run the Rock N Roll Marathon in San Diego on June 01st but I got a little too carried away with my African holiday planning and forgot to train for my marathon!

I stuffed in a little 2 night getaway to San Francisco after doing a little 8.6 mile trail run up Mt. Wilson (here in the Los Angeles area San Gabriel Mountains) and now it is just wait and wait and wait for my trip.

The first time going to Southern Africa the wait isn't nearly as bad because you don't realize yet what an amazing experience you are in for. The second time is extremely difficult, however, because you know the magical experience that awaits, even if 99% of those around you don't have the first clue and cannot comprehend a visit to Africa.

As far as filling up my time until I leave, all I can say is too bad I don't drink!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: DE
Date: 05/29/2003, 02:03 am

I agree that the waiting can be difficult and I have a little longer to go before our departure. The anticipation just mounts as the time gets closer, even for first time visitors and I have tended to feel this way prior to most of our trips.
Each destination is unique to explore and experience and I'm sure that Africa will offer us a very special adventure.
Enjoy and have a safe journey. DE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: Kavey ([email protected])
Date: 05/29/2003, 04:07 am
I understand what you're going through---but I can tell you waiting 18 months is hard too!

Search this Thread