There's no turning back now!!!

Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

There's no turning back now!!!

I received my credit card authorization fax from African Travel and had it refaxed in world record time this morning!

62 days and counting.

Only open end is what to do with my 5th night in Cape Town. Twelve Apostles wants $310 USD (2,400 ZAR) for a room that is usually 3,000+ ZAR per night but that I picked up for $150 USD per night.

I may decide to spend my final night in the Cape Winelands and stay at one of the places that Selwyn has recommended. Something like Cathbert Ryneveld or other, I gotta look it up.

Anyway, I am so elated that this trip is finally booked. Every bit as taxing as running a marathon, except for now, due to the extended time it took me to plan and book this trip, there is no way that I will ever be ready for my June 01st marathon in San Diego. So now, I think I will do what Muhammad Ali said he was going to do in his fight with George Foreman thirty years ago..."I am going to dance!!!" I may not have time to run that marathon but I will return to the gym for two months, the finest gym in the world (www.bodiesinmotion.com) and do boxing classes and light treadmill work for the next two months so I have a chance if any predator tries anything funny!

Thank you all for the feedback...it has been essential to my travel planning and I couldn't have done it without the help of the other Fodorites!
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:44 AM

Woo Hoo Woo Hoo
<bounce> <bounce>

Search this Thread