Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Thee days in Cairo (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/thee-days-in-cairo-626717/)

Zorba2 Jun 26th, 2006 09:13 PM

Thee days in Cairo

My wife, myself, and our 9 month old, have three days in Cairo. How should we schedule these three days and what should we see? What can we afford to miss? Thanks so much for any advice.

egypt_pharaoh Jun 28th, 2006 02:12 PM

Well first of all wish you all the best and for any recommendations I'll list some and maybe you can take a look at my page for more details...:
day 1: full day tour the pyramids.sakkara.memphis and if it's that long maybe you can do the pyramids of Giza and then another day see more pyramids in sakkara and Memphis afterwords..

day 2: the Egyptian museum,the citadel,Coptic Cairo and the market...

and again if it's that long you can always do the museum and any of the choices the citadel or the old city and the second day what you missed and the market....

hopefully it did helped and I'm m always up for any answeres...
enjoy your stay and have great time...

thank you

gte Jul 19th, 2006 01:15 PM

hello there
here is my suggestion to your trip in Cairo and Giza in 3 days , 2 night as below and if you wanted my help in find to you best deals for price i want to hear from you .:

Tour Title .: Cairo and Giza Surroundings

Tour Duration .: 03 Days - 02 Nights

Day 01:
Arrival at Cairo international airport, our representative will be there to meet and assist you through immigration and customs formalities followed by transfer to your hotel.
Over night at Hotel

Day 02:
Breakfast and Morning visit of the great pyramids of Giza , the enigmatic Sphinx from here we drive to Sakkara the vast necropolis of
Ancient Memphis . Sakkara has 14 Pyramids and built by Zoser I in 2700 BC. It is the first Pyramid and is the world's oldest stone structure .In the afternoon, we drive to Memphis - the capital of the ancient kingdom and one of the most important cities throughout the history of ancient Egypt . transfer to your hotel in Cairo
Over night at the hotel

Day 03:
In the early morning and after breakfast we drive to the Egyptian Museum , famous for its antiquities dating back some 50 centuries from Egypt 's Pharaonic period, including the fabulous
Treasurers of King Tut. Afternoon, we take a tour to old Cairo and visit the old Coptic suspended Church and the oldest synagogue of Ben Ezra, later we drive to the citadel of Saladin, and the Alabaster mosque Of Mohammed Ali. later ,our representative will meet and assist and transfer you to cairo International Airport for your flight to your country with wonderful memories

best regards
Mostafa Mosbah
[email protected]

ImitationOfChrist Jul 31st, 2006 10:38 AM

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I am going to Cairo in December and would like to hire a guide for Giza. Can anyone recommend one?

Percy Jul 31st, 2006 11:32 AM

Let me give you the name of an excellent guide in Cairo.

She is an American lady who has been living there for about 15 years.

She does small group tours...like 4 to 6 people.

She will send someone to meet and pick you up at the airport and then she herself will be at your hotel the morning of your tour for whatever nmber of days you book her.

Her name is Debbie Senters.

I booked her last October when I was in Egypt for 3 weeks.

Also she booked our train tickets and came with us to Alexandria and toured us around for the full day.

Okay Okay I know ...how do you get a hold of her:

This is her e-mail address:

[email protected]

Please mention that Percy( from Canada) told you to contact her and will for sure bend over backwards for you.

She told me as I left Egypt:

"Anybody that you send over just have them mention your name and I will look after them."

She just sent me an e- mail 3 weeks ago ,so we stay in touch.

Good Luck and say hello to Debbie

I sure wish I was going again.!!!

Percy