The Sinai

May 18th, 2005, 05:49 AM
Original Poster

The Sinai

Has anyone been lately? We'll be in Israel and would love to do an overnight in that area. I haven't been in over 10 yrs and hear it's changed a lot. I was in Terrabine and Dahab at that time and would love to experience that again w/ my husband. I think Sharma El Sheikh will be too far for an overnight. Also, I know there were terrorist attacks at the Taba hotel and in Ras El Satan, so we're wondering how safe it will be to travel in that area this summer.
Any input GREATLY appreciated!
May 19th, 2005, 10:55 PM

No one can say how safe it will be this summer on the Sinai, IMHO. If some knucklehead gets it in his brain that he wants to do some damage to Israelies and you happen to be traveling with those Israelies, something could happen, but probably it won't. Certainly everyone is more aware of the possibilities and hopefully the bad guys aren't any smarter than the good guys, so everything should be ok.

I'm not familiar with Terrabine, but you probably won't recognize Dahab. It is almost like Sharm was 10 years ago. It has grown a lot and become more of a destination resort than a hide-a-way. I dare say you might even not like it if you remember it the way it was. You might want to try Nuweiba instead if you are looking for something a bit more private... or there are no end of places to stay as you drive down that coast. Basma is one of the best, most fun, and unusual places to stay. Try searching for it on the web..maybe you can make reservations in advance.

Search this Thread