The Peninsula All Suite Hotel - cape town

Nov 10th, 2002, 06:30 PM
j

The Peninsula All Suite Hotel - cape town

has any one stayed there? any feed back?

thanks j

Nov 10th, 2002, 09:24 PM
Selwyn Davidowitz

I stay 100 yards away from this hotel and know it quite well.

The rooms are very well appointed and the position is good in that it overlooks the sea, is on a bus route that takes you to the Waterfront area and is central to most holidaying places.

The disadvantage is that the venue is a timeshare facility and one gets lots of local families staying in the hotel for long periods (especially over December and January) thus making the place rather noisy and active in its communal areas.

Most of the people who have toured with me who have booked into the hotel have said they would not stay there again as they found the venue to be quite ordinary and as already said noisy. This is somewhat contrary to how I see the hotel but then I must add that I have never stayed there and I suppose one must listen to what those who have stayed there say.

I know the above is a little confusing but it is an honest answer. In summary if I had to be making the choices relative to what I have seen I would take my chances and stay at the establishment.

Hope this helps and please do enjoy Cape Town when you visit us.

Selwyn Davidowitz

Dec 7th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Piet My Vrou

Terrible hotel: lousy location, overpriced and not really a hotel. Steer clear of it.

Try the Ambassador in Bantry Bay. Particularly the executive suites cliff side. Anything seaside on the Atlantic Seaboard is extremely noisy viz. high tide crashing at 6:00 am +/- [with the exception of a bungalow on Clifton 4 !

Steer clear of the President as well, refurbished they call it, but we know better.

You could try the Radisson at Granger Bay, but it is quite expensive. Ensure that they do not put you in a room over the dry dock as boat construction continues from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. Again too noisy.

Otherwise try the Bay in Camps Bay, well set back but also might be pricey. Be aware of the wind that side.

For peace and quite and good, fresh clean air [sans salt from the ocean], try the Vineyard in Newlands. Nice heated pool [most pools aren't and at 20 degrees celcius make for an unpleasant bathing experience], very well priced but requires car rental to get anywhere if significance.

Many others can be mentioned, but the above may assist you in the main locations.

Enjoy !

Search this Thread