Search

Cape Town where to stay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Neil

Cape Town where to stay

Any suggestions of where to stay in Cape Town, average price, safe area, for four chaps on holiday September. Backpackers --- not too scruffy???

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 12:16 PM
coconut wireless

I am staying at the www.40winksguesthouse.co.za (a B&B)<BR> in Greenpoint near the wharfe. Tell them B. Olsen from Kauai recommended them. A little upscale from backpacking but moderate.

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 11:34 PM
neil

Thanks for your comments. We were hoping for something near the waterfront area or camps bay/clifton area.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 12:39 PM
j

Neil - we have just decided NOT to stay at De Waterkant, on the waterfront, because we're going to stay cheap and spend the savings on something else - but friends in Cape Town recommended it highly. (It's not expensive, we're just cheapskates!)

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 10:45 PM
Lorraine

I stayed at La Splendida Lodge for a good price. It is well located with a bus stop in front and the bus takes you directly to the Waterfront. I had a king size bed and upstairs was a sofa bed. Rooms will vary.<BR>I had a Mountain view and from the balconies you get the ocean view.<BR>I would definitely stay there again because of its location. Restaurant and small bar dounstairs.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 03:05 PM
Lynda Howland

I would highly recommend a backpackers place called Zebra Crossing. It is very clean, shared baths, small restaurant on the grounds, and very safe. I've stayed there twice. They are localed at 82 New Church St. The last fax number I had on them is three years ago - (021) 22 1265.<BR> If you'd like further information, please e-mail me.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Lynda

Forgot to add - I think we paid something like $10 or $15 a night.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 06:37 AM
lisa

We have just come back from our 3rd stay at the Sir Francis, a block of condos renovated into a hotel, in 3 anchor bay, 5 minutes from the Waterfront and with an incredible view. They always bend over backwards in every aspect. You can sleep 4 in a 1 bedroom with a sleep sofa in the living room for about $45 total. <BR>www.sirfrancis.co.za