The Dead Sea Visit

May 6th, 2004, 04:50 AM
Original Poster

The Dead Sea Visit

Hello,

Does anyone know if it's possible to fly to the Dead Sea from Haifa or Tel Aviv?

I just found out that by car it takes up to 6 hours to get there. That's a lot of sitting time after taking an 11 hour plane trip.

Thanks!
May 6th, 2004, 06:28 AM

Not aware of any commercial airport there.

And it shouldn't take 6 hours to get there from Tel Aviv. More like 2-3 hours.
May 6th, 2004, 06:33 AM

I don't think there are regular flights to the Dead Sea, even though I think there is a small air strip nearby.

But it's NOT 6 hours drive to there. Certainly not from Tel Aviv.

If you drive there through Jerusalem, it should take about 2-2.5 hours. If driving through the south (going toward Beer Sheva, turning left to Arad and down to the Dead Sea) it should be no more than 3 hours.

However, if I were you, I would not drive there the very same day you arive. Rest a day or two in Tel Aviv (or Jerusalem), then be heading to the Dead Sea. It's very very HOT down there, and you be better rested before going.

But it's definitely a great place!!! Especially if suffering from Arthritis, and many skin deseases. I never skip an opportunity to go there when visiting Israel.
May 6th, 2004, 01:32 PM
sandi

If you're arriving in TLV, there is no way it would take 6-hrs to get to the Dead Sea. Depending on time of day, it's an hour (more or less) to JER, then 2-hrs or so to the Dead Sea.

I don't think it takes 6-hrs to get anywhere in Israel, unless one is driving from top to bottom (North-to-South).

Search this Thread