New Fodors Dropped Cpt . Hotel?

Old Oct 27th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Fodors Dropped Cpt . Hotel?

Hi, I'm a newbie,leaving for 1st trip to CapeTown a week from Mon. An African Villa Hotel was highly recommended in the former Fodors, but in Fodors So. Africa published a month or so ago it no longer appears !! Scarey, as our reservations are there! Does anyone have any recent info on this, we may still have time to change if necessary. Love luxury,but high medium or cost effective top ( an oxymoron?)would do. we will have an Avis. Any Suggestions ? Thanks a Bunch- Beej
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for any information on "An African Villa" Hotel & B&B
Old Oct 28th, 2005, 12:32 AM

What address do you have for this hotel as I cannot find it in the Cape Town telephone directory and I have certainly never heard of it, not that I could possibly know every boutique hotel in Cape Town as there are hundreds, if not thousands, of them.
Old Oct 28th, 2005, 04:57 AM

BeeJ1,

I dont think that you should be perurbed that Fodors dont have African Villa in their highly recommended accomodation listings anymore. I can assure you that the guesthosue is still standing in Cape Town and still has a good reputation. I am sure that your stay at the venue will be a good one.

What is most important to me is to see that you have car hire lined up as you will need this at this place of stay as it is on a rather steep hill.

I say again rest assured all will be well at African Villa.

Have a great stay in our wonderful city

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Old Oct 28th, 2005, 05:27 AM

I think its possible to stay in hotels not recommended or listed in a guidebook.
Old Oct 28th, 2005, 07:48 AM

Hello,

I wouldn't worry about the fact that An African Villa is no longer listed in Fodors -- there are plenty of great places that never make it into a guidebook, and are much less touristy as a result. I stayed at An African Villa in 2004, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hosts are very welcoming and friendly without being OTT, and the house is decorated in elegant Afro-chic. The breakfasts are to die for!

Cheers,
Julian
Old Oct 29th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

Selyn, Julian jasher & thit-cho
A Million Thanks, My mind is relieved, This is a wonderful forum. -We will be in the WineLands for 2 nights, Cpt 3, Rovos Rail 2 nights, Pretoria 1 night--then self drive to Kruger Park for 3. Whew!! driving to Santon City for 1 night departing 11/22. Any suggestions for hotels in Pretoria & Santon City ?