The Best Place in the World

Apr 17th, 2001, 07:42 AM
Jen

The Best Place in the World

My family and I (my husband and kids 13, 15) are thinking about where we want to go one vacation next year and we want it to be somewhere really special. We want to know where you think THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD is and WHY? Thanks.

Apr 17th, 2001, 05:25 PM
Ken Reed

Hi Jen,

In my 50 years of travel and 28 trips around the world, I thought the best place in the world was Bora Bora in French Polynesia as it is just so beautiful, however last year I went to Brazil and visited the Iguazzu Falls, that has to be the most beautiful spot on earth, where ever you go, just enjoy.Of course our Barrier Reef here off Cairns is also something you should not miss. Ken Reed, Cairns, Australia.

Apr 19th, 2001, 11:10 AM
Pam R

I'd have to vote for Egypt. I've been there 3 times and would go back in a minute if I could. Just think, exploring pyramids, seeing the Sphinx, cruising on the Nile... I think the kids are the right ages to enjoy it, too.

Apr 19th, 2001, 12:38 PM
Myra Gabbay

I would vote for the two following places (favorites of our four kids)
1. Bora Bora ( the most beautiful)
2. South african game parks ( we went to the malaria free ones like Madikwe and Tswalu)

Apr 20th, 2001, 08:10 AM
kim

Chief's Island in Botwana. Expensive but saw every animal up close for as long as you wanted to. Spent 2 hours with cheetah and her 5 babies from nursing to playing.

Apr 21st, 2001, 10:22 AM
Keith Prothero

I have travelled and lived in most countries on earth over the last 40 years and,in my experience the most beautiful area in the world in terms of scenary,people and quality of life measured in terms of value for money----is the Cape Winelands.Stay in Somerset West and explore the beautiful Cape and then go to George on the Garden route. Fantastic

May 8th, 2001, 07:50 AM
rachel sumaria

depends on what you are looking for. In my opinion nothing beats Africa for adventure travel.
East Africa for Safaris
Indian Ocean, Zanzibar for beach and game fishing
Namibia for landscapes
Botswana and Zambia for close encounters with wildlife
zimbabwe for canoe and whitewater trips and vic falls
South Africa for winelands and capetown
Egypt for history
Ethiopia for tribes and mountains

You will fall in love with Africa

May 9th, 2001, 02:26 PM
USFlyer

1. Cape Town
2. Victoria Falls and Hwange National Park
3. San Diego
4. Outer Banks, NC

May 13th, 2001, 05:57 AM
wagih

I'd have to vote for Egypt.
Just think, exploring pyramids, seeing the Sphinx, cruising on the Nile,or diving in the red sea Sharm el Shakh you will never forget this trip for more information send me an E MAIL.I think the kids will like it too much.
it, too.

May 13th, 2001, 07:07 AM
sherin

the best place in the worled is the place where you could find your intersting sites,for example:
if you want to dive in the most clear beutiful water in the worled go to harm el sheik(EGYPT)..it is on the red sea with unbelievable beuty...
if you want to serf ,swim see the base of the sea from just a glass boat go to gurgada(EGYPT)
if you want to see third monement of the worled in the same town go to luxur(EGYPT)..
if you want to see the nile river the tallest naturall river in the world go to EGYPT
if you want to see islamic,christian and faronic ,romanian arabic biggest cappital in the worled go to cairo EGYPT to see the only servival of the 7 wonder of worled :the pyramid ....its egypt

May 19th, 2001, 08:11 AM
Melissa

New Caledonia. Prettier than French Polynesia in my opinion and still undiscovered. Blue warm crystal clear water. White sand. The second biggest lagoon in the world. No tourists.
I have been to Bora bora. Gorgeous, undoubtedly, but that is all you get. In New Caledonia, each side of the island is a new and exciting environment, the dry red earth of the south, the thick lush forest and waterfalls in the East, the wide open plains of the west, the discreet French charm of Noumea. That's where I'd go!

May 28th, 2001, 08:55 AM
JORGE

I THINK THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD IS BORA BORA, IS REALLY SPECIAL, BUT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A PLACE FOR YOUR FAMILY AND, BORA BORA, FIJI ISLANDS, BALI AND SOMETHING LIKE THAT IS PERFECT FOR A COUPLE BUT YOUR KIDS COULB BE BORING, I HAD BEEN IN ORLANDO IN THE HYATT REGENCY GRAND CYPRESS, THIS IS THE PERFECT PLACE FOR A FAMYLI VACATIONS.

Jun 16th, 2001, 09:52 PM
Peter L.

One of the best places in the world is my home in our backyard on the intracostal waterway in beautiful Manalapan Florida (Palm Beach). At the end of the day with an eastern exposure(the house shading the sun) and a nice breeze it is absolutely the prefect place to sit back sip a nice drink and have a fine cuban cigar accompanied by my lovely wife and our dog and friend, a weimaramer named wolfgang.

Jun 18th, 2001, 04:50 PM
mom

We took our teenagers on safari and it was the best trip ever for all of us. Tanzania and Kenya are very special and it kept them busy every moment. It was two years ago and they still talk about it. Our daughter and son they both have enlargements of the photos they took on safari. My son took 12 rolls of slides to show to his class. It was agreat lesson for them. And for us too. We loved it and thinking about going back

Jun 22nd, 2001, 11:28 AM
Karen

If you are still researching, my vote would be southern Africa for a safari. We were actually able to visit Botswana, Zimbabwe, and South Africa in one trip...at three very different camps. Favorite was tent camping. Also, Cape Town has a very nice waterfront and you can drive down to Cape of Good Hope, one of the windest places in the world.

If Africa is too far, try something like Costa Rica to go beyond the usual beach, tourist vacation. Also, Chile for its Lake Country and Patagonia...many activities available but a long ride to Patagonia.

Jun 29th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Bobbo

Bora Bora is indeed delightful... asthetically beautiful, serene, friendly, refreshing. Alas, if you are looking for high adventure or entertainment, I'm afraid you will be disappointed as you may certainly find Bora Bora... Boring Boring. Great place for a honeymoon or to relax and write...

Aug 13th, 2001, 10:00 PM
Kristin

I raised my daughter until she was 2 and a half in Malawi, Africa. Children run free on a freshwater tropical beach until their bellies get hungry. Highly recommended, especially if you stay at
Mwaya Beach Lodge
www.africaguide.com/mwaya (for bookings and some not so great photos of what it's all about in that part of the world!)
Enjoy wherever you end up!!
Kristin

Jan 18th, 2002, 04:39 AM
Njoroge maina

Hi Jen
You have to been to Kenya?
It's our country and we have something to offer.
Please visit our web,http://www.essafari.co.ke
Thank you.

Jan 18th, 2002, 05:09 AM
Liz

I've never been to Bora Bora or Egypt, but in my opinion Belize is one of the best places in the world. Bali is beautiful but it's getting too commercialized. If you want some place where Star Bucks is a local night club and not a worldwide coffe chain, and where McDonalds has yet to put up a single store, than Belize is for you. It has tropical rainforests, Mayan ruins, incredible caves containing ancient Mayan pottery you can touch and some of the best snorkeling in the world. Furthermore, Honduras is only a 3hour boat ride away and Guatemala and the Yucatan are both within easy reach.

Jan 18th, 2002, 03:28 PM
maggie

The South Luangwa Valley in Zambia would take some beating. Its remoteness, its wildlife, and the luxury of a safari based on Robin Popes three camps, Nkwali, Nsefu and Tena Tena. Everything you could wish for and more. Check it out on www.robinpopesafaris.net
This has to be the holiday of a lifetime.

Search this Thread