The Besr Time Of Year To Go To Eygpt

Oct 29th, 2003, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

The Besr Time Of Year To Go To Eygpt

We are planing a trip to eypt sometime this year. I would like to konw the best time of the year to go? When is the weather the best over there. We will be go for 10 days give or take a day.
Nov 4th, 2003, 06:30 PM
sandi

The summer months are very very hot, though prices might be a bit lower.

From what I've noticed it seems that anytime from October thru January works, though Ramadan (for a month and varies from year to year - sometimes Nov, others in Dec) is to be considered though trips are still scheduled and not much of a crimp is put on trips within Egypt.

We traveled late October and found the weather just perfect. Lovely in Cairo, warm and maybe hot, but not in the 90s, with cool nights (jacket might be required). Along the Nile, also lovely weather, though the further South you travel (to Upper Egypt) of Luxor, Aswan and Abu Simbel, the hotter it gets and it will be noticeable - but, it's Egypt, part of the experience is the weather.

You have to watch for possible sand storms in Jan, Feb and maybe March - but no reason not to travel (Cairo might be cooler) but we all know how strange weather is worldwide these years.

It depends on just how you deal with heat at certain time - to me Egypt could be ideal year-round. It's not like it ever gets really cold on the usual itinerary (excluding nights in the Western desert, which I don't believe you'll be doing); nor do they have a monsoon wet season.

So pick a month.

Search this Thread