Thanks for Wilderness Family!

Mar 17th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for Wilderness Family!

Napamatt, thanks so much for recommending the book The Wilderness Family by Kobie Kruger! I just finished it. It was so touching that I keep thinking about the people and animals in the book, wondering what they're doing right now. It's a book that truly does take you back to Africa.

And the next time I'm in Kruger, I know that when we pass those turnoffs with signs that read "no entry" or "staff only", I'll be aware of all the life that goes on in the park unseen by the tourists.

Thanks!
Mar 17th, 2006, 03:03 PM

I too just finished this wonderful book. It left me wanting to know more about the author's life in recent years. I did a search and couldn't find anything recent about the author, but did find out that one of her daughters in a well known artist in South Africa.
Mar 30th, 2006, 02:43 AM

Napamatt,
Thanks for recommending this book. I just finished it last nite and really enjoyed it. Leo the lion reminded me of the movie 'BABE" about the pig that wanted to herd sheep. Except this confused lion thought he was a herding dog! I think it would make a great movie!
Thanks again for the recommendation.
Lily
Mar 30th, 2006, 06:23 AM

Glad you enjoyed it, it is a lovely book. Remember if you're a wild dog fan, then Solo is a must.

Search this Thread