Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > Tel Aviv - Olympic Experience - worth a visit for a family with kids?

Tel Aviv - Olympic Experience - worth a visit for a family with kids?

Apr 22nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
Original Poster

Tel Aviv - Olympic Experience - worth a visit for a family with kids?

We will be traveling in israel at the end of June. We will have 2-3 days in Tel Aviv as the first stop on our trip. We arrive on Friday mid-day and could either leave on Sunday or Monday. We assumed that we would be jet lagged so Saturday/Shabbat will be a quiet day. So far, we plan to go to the beach, Jaffa, "Givat Hakibbutizm (sp?)", Tachana, the Palmach Museum, Neve Tzekek and other neighborhoods to walk around. Someone recommended going to the Olympic Experience. I don't know much about it so was curious to get some additional information and determine whether it was worthy stop. Any information on the Olympic experience or our comments for our stay in Tel Aviv would be greatly appreciated
Apr 23rd, 2012, 08:17 AM

"Givat Hakibbutizm" (also known as Ayalon Institute) is in Rehovot, not Tel Aviv. Will you have a car? You can go by train though I'm not sure it you'd consider it worth taking time out from your short stay in Tel Aviv. It takes at least 30 minutes each way by car or train

I've been to Israel many times and I've never heard of the Olympic Experience until you mentioned it. It doesn't seem all that interesting to me, but that's just one person's opinion

Search this Thread