TEL AVIV , HOME APT HOTEL ????

Feb 21st, 2001, 03:58 PM
BILL

TEL AVIV , HOME APT HOTEL ????

ANY INFO ON THE HOME APT HOTEL WOULD BE APPRECIATED.IT IS LOCATED AT 106 HAYARKON ST.IS IT IN A DECENT AREA WITHIN ACCESS TO SHOPS, RESTAURANTS ETC ? HOW IS THE WEATHER IN OCTOBER ?

Feb 22nd, 2001, 04:17 PM
lisa

Sorry I don't know that one, but one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in(and definitely the best we stayed in in Israel by a long shot)was also an apartment hotel. I cannot recommend it enough. It is called The Abratel and it was on Giula street, which is a tiny side street off Hayarkon Street. It was set back from Hayarkon Street by about 20 feet and there was a seaview from some of the rooms. It was very new when we were there last July and the service was UNBELIEVABLE. The decor was incredible. Beautiful woods, granite,marble and fittings. A kitchenette, bedroom with queen bed and a sleepsofa which turned into a proper, comfortable bed with a trundle bed. Continental breakfast included. Coffee in the lobby all day, orange juice on arrival. They could not do enough for us. It was at a beautiful beach,right near restaurants, walkable to Dizengoff street. It is a block from the Opera Tower Mall. Do yourself a favor and look it up on the web. Sorry, I don't have the website but I found it on the web and it was the best find. I can't tell you about the weather in October but I am sure it is a lot better than July. If you want to know any more about the hotel, post again and I'll check back. I'll ask our Israeli friends about the weather.

Feb 22nd, 2001, 04:24 PM
lisa

Just found the website for the Abratel www.abratel.com/ (Duh!) I see the rates quoted are the same that we paid, but I'll bet that you can negotiate a discount given the time of year you are going and the unfortunate state of tourism(not to mention the rest of it)Israel now.
Sorry if that doesn't answer your question about the other hotel, but we just could not stop raving about the Abratel.

Feb 23rd, 2001, 05:27 AM
lee

The location of The Home is good. Depends on what your standards are. I think it is probably one star level. Very basic. May be more geared to teenagers or backpacking type young adults. I had a friend stay there 4 years ago.

Search this Thread