Taxi cost/what to tip our 12 day guide

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2018, 09:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taxi cost/what to tip our 12 day guide

Good day people

Our adventure is fast approaching!

Does anyone have a rough idea as to the cost of taking a taxi from the airport to an area close to Hassan II? We have been quoted a price from our hotel and I am curious as to whether it may be too high? (350 MAD).

Also what to tip our driver/guide, providing we have the same person the entire time.

Thanking you in advance,
Terri
Old Sep 21st, 2018, 01:16 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
I suggest taking the train from CMN to Casa Voyageurs, the main station which is most of the way there, then taxi to your final destination. The trains leave regularly from the airport terminal, an easy cheap way to get into town.
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 03:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$5 to $8 per day per person seems to serve the guides well. One or two companies suggest WAY over-tipping - $12 - $15. Only Americans tip at the 15 to 20% level at a restaurant, etc.

I always check to see the average income for the country and use that PLUS the level of service provided by the guide to determine the tip. Though I'd contacted my Egypt guide two weeks in advance about an item I wanted to try and find and he assured me it would be no problem - he didn't bother. The tip reflect his unwillingness to make a phone call for me. On the other hand the guide in Croatia went out of his way to make sure each of us had any special request satisfied.

So let level of service combined with average wage for the area help determine the tip.