Tau Game Reserve Anyone??

Oct 28th, 2002, 09:43 AM
DJ

Tau Game Reserve Anyone??

Am thinking of a trip to SA next year and was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Tau Game Reserve. Have heard it is an anti malaria area. Would appreciate any info on lodgings, flora and fauna, activities, etc. Also are there other game areas in SA that are malaria free which offer good game viewing and accommodations and when would the weather be the best for this area?

Oct 28th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Karen

Tau is not far from Botswana and is in the malaria free zone. Another you might look at is the Pilanesberg. It's in a place called Rustenburg which is not far from Botswana either and close to Ssun City. We were there receently and had not trouble finding animals especially elephants. Found a great herd with several babies in tow, got very close to them - 10-12 feet. Quite a thrill at least I found it so. There are three or four loding areas there - we went to Manyane. The Cango Game Ranch is nearer the Indian Ocean than the other but also a malaria free zone - the Karoo. If you go here there are some awesome caves called Cango Caves, ostrich farm, croc farms etc, Lots to do close by. Hope this helps and enjoy your trip. Karen

Oct 28th, 2002, 01:32 PM
DJ

Thanks Karen, I will see what I can find out about Pilanesberg. Those caves sound ineresting. DJ

Search this Thread