Tarangire camps: pros and cons

Aug 30th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Original Poster

Tarangire camps: pros and cons

I have searched and researched, and I just can't figure it out. Perhaps there is no easy answer. Some love x; others find it poorly located. Some like y but find it ridiculously expensive. And so on.

But what are the pros and cons of the various camps in Tarangire and nearby reserves?
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:02 PM

Leely,

We returned last week from our trip to TZ and Zan. Our first three nights out of Arusha were spent at Kikoti. It was a delightful experience. Wonderfully hosted, absolutley great meals and service and a friendly and attentive staff. The camp is located outside of the park and the drive is several minutes past Treetops, but the camp is situated overlooking the Salale (sp?)Plains and the lookout is a panoramic vista. I would highly recommend Kikoti. Regardless of your choice in camps, I think it would be hard to miss. All of the camps are going to be great. Tarangire is magnificant, animal laden and picturesque. Personally, I could have spent another couple of nights at Kikoti and skipped the Crater. Good luck on your choice. I doubt you will choose poorly. Just being in Africa is special. Adios.
Aug 31st, 2005, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your input. Kikoti is one of the camps we're considering.

I think I'm really starting to sweat the small stuff, because, as you say, Tarangire is a lovely park. And that's definitely the important part!

I'm glad you ahd a good time.

Search this Thread