Tanzanian air schedules

Jan 18th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Original Poster

Tanzanian air schedules

How reliable are the schedules shown on the websites for the airlines that operate within Tanzania? For example, there seem to be inconsistencies between two different pages on the Precision Air site. Some Fodorites, Patty in particular, seem to have very definitive information about flight schedules, but I am not feeling all that confident in what I find on the sites.

Also, when they refer to days of the week by numbers 1 through 7, which numbers are which days? Thanks.
Jan 18th, 2007, 06:23 AM
sandi

Day 1 should be Monday, Day 7 is Sunday.

Which flights - from/to - are you interested in on the Precision Schedule.

Northern circuit, between TNZ/KEN?

Jan 18th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Sandi, thanks for your quick response.

One flight I am specifically asking about is an evening flight from Zanzibar to DAR. When I do a "search" on the "Flights Schedule" (left side of homepage), it shows a DAILY flight at 8:30 p.m., but when I use the "Timetable" tab (right side of homepage), there is no 8:30 p.m. flight at all. The Timetable does show a 9:20 p.m. flight, but only FOUR days a week (and unfortunately not on the day I need it, since you have let me know that Day 1 is Monday). I hate to whine too much, but the inconsistencies on the website make detailed planning a little difficult. And from what I have tried to find on other TZ airlines websites, Precision Air is actually probably one of the better ones. Thanks again.
Jan 18th, 2007, 09:49 AM
sandi

Are you trying to book this yourself? If so, then email Precision and get the info from them.

If you have a tour operator, let them handle this. Schedules change, and the TO should have the current info and make changes as necessary. Sorry to say, but the website might not be updated regularly.

I recently booked a late 9:20pm flight for one of my clients, but don't recall the day of week. Presume this is for 11pm flight out of DAR.

Honestly, I prefer not to chance a "last" flight (with possibility of it being cancelled/delayed) especially when having to make an Intl connection. Go with the earlier and if time allows grab a taxi into DAR for dinner; be back for checkin 2/hrs prior departure.

Have your TO handle.

Jan 18th, 2007, 10:20 AM

I'd be more inclined to believe the timetable. What day are you flying? Are you already booked on a flight? If so, check with your tour operator as it's no uncommon for air schedules to change between the time you booked and when you travel. I've had that happen with Kenya Airways and Coastal.
Jan 18th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

All good advice, thanks. Where might you suggest for dinner in Dar Es Salaam, we should have plenty of time (4 hours plus two more to check in) for that.