tanzania - women travelers

Nov 12th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

tanzania - women travelers

- looking for anyone's advise/experience - i'm planning a trip to tanzania for summer 05 .... kili and safari. hiking kili will be with a friend, and then a few other folks will be joining the safari. it's likely that we hikers - both women - may do a custom hike, not part of a larger group, and was wondering about personal safety/comfort - i am presuming it is ok, but wanted to throw the topic out for anyone's experience. i was going to book the trip with keyes hotel. thanks
Nov 13th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

karen - thanks very much. i presumed that there is no problem, but wanted to ask .... could you tell me a bit more about the company you went with .... and did you think the 5/6 days were enough - i was going to take a longer route. lynn
Nov 14th, 2004, 04:07 AM

Mertzy-
If you'll do a search using the search box above, you will find all the information you seek on hiking Kili. Many others have done it and posted here about it. The title of your thread might bring more posts if you re-post with "Hiking Kilimanjaro" or similar lead in on it.
Karen is a travel agent for Sandgrouse Safaris and is looking for business. You can generally tell them by their posts. They are not allowed to post here by advertising their companies.
I just did a search by putting kilimanjaro in the search box and clicking on Tanzania for the country. I got 50 threads in response of the search. You'll find lots of help there. Good luck and keep us informed on your progress. Liz

Search this Thread