Search

DESERT DINNER-DUBAI

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2005, 03:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DESERT DINNER-DUBAI

Has anyone one this excursion, any comments on it. Travelling alone, also someone mentioned the gold market in another post do they do excursions or is it easy enough to get to under own steam. Visiting late Julyso am assumning its gong to be very hot and humid

Old Apr 25th, 2005, 03:26 AM

Haven't done the desert dinner in Dubai, so can't comment on that. Depending on the hotel, there may be excursions, or you can take a taxi. Taxis are safe and relatively inexpensive, big difference from the rest of the countries in the area. There are gold shops in the big malls if you want to stay in the air-conditioning. The Dubai gold suq is located along several streets, so the shops are air-conditioned but walking between them can get warm.

Another alternative is to take a taxi to the Green Suq in Sharjah, about a half hour from Dubai. That Suq is very much old Arab style, but its in several huge air-conbditioned buildings. Lots of gold and rugs there.
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

Thank you appreciate it
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 04:52 PM

Hi Irene,
I've traveled to Dubai 30+ for pleasure only. The desert in July is extremely hot (100+) and humid; even in the evening. I've never been on this excusion, but I've camped all over the middle east. How many days are you planning on staying in Dubai and what are your interest (shopping, eating out, beach, dancing etc..)?
Old Apr 25th, 2005, 11:12 PM

Hi

My wife and I went for a trip in the desert. We first got to ride in the sand dunes of the desert and when the sun set we went to a camp and got some dinner, got to ride a camel, watched some belly dancing etc. I have posted some more info in a trip report on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com. We enjoyed our vacation in Dubai by the way and we would love to go back one day.

Regards
Gard
Stavanger, Norway
Old May 5th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your answers, will be there 2 nights stopover.One other question I got in touch with the tour people and got an email back from them with a suggestion the writer could book for me but not only asked my credit card number but photocopy of back and front of my credit card and to sign a letter saying they are not responsible for any compromise of credit card number, Needless to say I didn't book through them, will do it thru travel agent but has anyone come across that before.Sounds very dodgy.
Old May 5th, 2005, 11:47 AM

This is an overnight trip, inclusive starts from USD 93, not sure if it's what you are looking for, long address so you need to copy and paste.

http://www.affiliate.viator.com/broc...&AUID=2832
Old May 6th, 2005, 03:12 AM

Hi Irene,
I've been living int he middle east for over 15 years and never been asked to sign such a letter with any travel agent. You've made a wide decision. Why not contact your hotel and ask them if they can make the necessary arrangements for you? Good luck.
Old May 6th, 2005, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for replies and input, I will book through my local travel agent, it was tour operator Arabian Tours who wanted me to send fax. I enjoy eating out and shopping and exploring but know heat is going to limit me