Tanzania Visa on Arrival requirements?

Apr 9th, 2014, 04:42 PM
jgg
Original Poster

Tanzania Visa on Arrival requirements?

Couldn't find anything very current on this so just want to make sure that there is no additional paperwork that you need to have other than the VOA application form. Do we need photos? Also, I have read in the past that even though it states not required, many people coming from Europe/N America have been asked for proof of a yellow fever vac. Does that still seem to be the case? My family already has the YF vaccination but a friend who is joining us does not. I think I'm going to recommend that she get it just in case.
Apr 9th, 2014, 05:11 PM

Based on a visit mid-Feb 2014:

Photos-no
I always travel with a couple of passport sized photos, though. Just ones I've taken. Never needed them, but my friend did once when something got goofed up with her visa someplace in Eastern Europe.

Yellow fever-no, verified by my travel clinic.

Unless your friend will be traveling to other places within the next decade where yellow fever is needed, I don't think she should get a vaccine that is not needed.

Have a good time.
Apr 10th, 2014, 03:13 PM

Photos are not required.

Tanzanian officials finally seem to have their act together and recently are applying their rules as written: no YF cert needed if coming directly from a non-risk country (including from the US through Europe) or if transiting through an at-risk country for less than 12 hrs.

Search this Thread