Dubai - hotels

Old Jan 21st, 2000, 05:06 AM
Anna

Dubai - hotels

What is the best hotel in Dubai ?
Has anyone stayed at the Ritz-Carlton or Al Maha ?
Is Al Maha worth it ?

Many thanks !

Old Mar 5th, 2000, 01:39 PM
spa

The cover of march issue of conde nast traverer.

Old Mar 16th, 2000, 02:38 AM
Silvia Rotheimer

Hello from Vienna!
We spent christmas in UAE and Oman. We spent 4 nights at the Metropolitan Palace Hotel. Very good! It is on the web. Search www.alltheweb.com.
Best regards
Silvia

Old Mar 16th, 2000, 03:08 AM
Peter

Anna,

Every hotel is OK in Dubai. Most of them are big chain brands. We stayed at Intercontinental (Deira side), very good and expensive (>US$300). Also stayed at Radisson SAS (Jumeirah Beach).
Recommendable is The Jumeirah Beach hotel (shaped as a sail) near Burj Al Arab.
Al Maha is far out of to

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 04:13 AM
Mika

The best Hotel in Dubai is the Burj al Arab (Arabian tower) ******* (Yes 7). They say it is the best in the world. Count $1000.- per person a day.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 08:49 AM
Jude

The Ritz Carlton is fantastic and much nicer than the other sky-rise hotels (although I have to admit I didn't go in them.) The R-C is small, low-rise and such a treat. It's beautiful and set in beautiful gardens.

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:08 PM
Emarati

Anna,
Well I am from the Emirates so perhaps I can be of some help to you. The Maha resort is nice depending on the time you go? Also, it is in the desert and quite far from the city of Dubai. If you want a hotel next to the beach I suggest the Royal Mirage, ritz carlton or the burj al Arab. Royal Mirage has an arabic architecture and theme. Ritz Carlton is like all the ritz carltons with wood panels and relaxing colors. Burj Al Arab might have a bit too many colors in the rooms but Boy what a room!! Each room is 2 storey with 2 bathrooms and a butler. ALso, each room has wall to wall window so you have amazing view of the sea.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 11:38 AM
tina

we stayed at the holiday inn which was in the centre, great location. picked us up from the airport-free and provided free transport to the holiday inn at the beach. hotel was lovely and very reasonably priced £100 per room with full breakfast