Tanzania safari

Old Apr 17th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tanzania safari

We have gotten initial quotes for similar itineraries and accomodations from Good Earth and Africa Dreams. Good Earth is about $100 a day cheaper. Would be interested in any feedback on the 2 and any reason Dreams would be so much more.
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 05:32 AM

I think it depends on what you want. Sometimes a tour company can charge extra for that extra value they think they are giving their customers. What you need is detail.
What kind of vehicles will you be using?
Are there any other extra expenses that may not be included?
does the price include all accommodations?
all transport?
all game park entrance fee?
game drives?
all meals?
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 08:00 AM

I found Africa Dream Safaris to be very high when I received my quotes, and not a lot of difference in quality. They provide very fancy, detailed intinerary proposals, and spend quite a bit on marketing. The also send you a welcome packet when you book with them with little gifts (hat/t-shirt, etc.)Definitely nice touches, but when I looked at the bottom line of the quality of services, I felt that other operators could provide the same level, and I didn't need the little gifts.

I ended up booking with Africa Serendipity. Sent the deposit Monday!

Get a couple more quotes, and go with an operator/TA you feel comfortable with and you like what they are offering. The most important thing that is mentioned here many, many times: you want to work with someone who will continue to communicate with you, answering all your questions, even after you send the deposit.
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 09:51 AM

I thought this was refering to Africa Dream Safaris at first, but there is an African company caleed Africa Dreams.
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 11:09 AM

Sorry,

I assumed it was ADS - had not enough coffee yet.

gokyoto, can you clarify this? Thank you!
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Original Poster

Yes it is African Dream Safaris. the only real difference I see is that Dreams says they have a stretch Rover with a roll back canvas top. Good earth has a Rover with a pop up roof. Is oone that much better than the other?
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 02:50 PM

If you are referring to Africa Dream Safaris our family had a great trip with them over the holidays. They met all our expectations, couldn't have asked for more. Try to compare the details, itinerary, camp quality, vehicle, etc. and then make your decision. Whoever you select have a great trip, it is fantastic.
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 05:40 PM

Local2542, You assumed right. I need to start drinking coffee.
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 05:36 AM

We went with ADS to Tanzania in April 2006 and the trip went fine.

While we where waiting for our luggage a girl from ADS came inside,got our passports and as soon as we get the luggage ,customs was done and we just pass while everybody was at the line,very fast.
We got and Spanish speaking guide as requested and he did a good job.The vehicle was good,very clean every mourning.
What i liked about them before deciding was that they only work Tanzania and they have very different itineraries depending the time of the year.This should be the same with every company but in fact itīs not.The Serengety is wonderful,but is also very big and if you are not in the right place it could be a small deception and ADS will tell you where you should go.
We where four in a vehicle(my wife and our 2 boys)so we decided what to do every day and that was very important to me for my photography,for example the 2 morning game drives at the Ngorongoro crater we where the first at the gate and the first 2 hours at the crater we where able to skip the crowds.
That was our experience with ADS.

GOOD LUCK.

Paco.