Tanzania safari

Jun 2nd, 2005, 02:19 AM
Original Poster

Tanzania safari

Hi everyone,
My family and I are planning our first safari. We intend to go in July 2006. After much research we are thinking of booking our trip with Thomson Safaris, a US company based in Boston with an office in Arusha. Does anyone have any experience with this operator? Thanks.
Jun 2nd, 2005, 05:46 PM

They have a good rep. I emailed you additional comments.
Jun 2nd, 2005, 08:25 PM

I would recommend that you investigate some of the reputable Tanzania based safari companies. Some provide outstanding service at a lot lower cost than US based operations. You can search previous posts on this site for good outfits, then send each an identical itinerary and let them quote.
Jun 2nd, 2005, 09:03 PM

I went on an 18-day custom private safari through Thomson in January of 2004. It was fantastic, I can not say enough good things about the experience. Lots of help from Thomson in planning the trip, and that really made a difference. A custom/private safari is not much more expensive than their nicer tours, and is well worth it. Being able to decide how early to go out, when to come back to the hotel, how long to spend in a particular viewing spot....it was terrific. Tour guide was very knowledgeable, friendly and in tune with what its like for Americans to be on a safari in Africa. Top notch group.

Search this Thread