Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jordan Select Tours

After reading the reviews on this medium I was concerned that:
1. they were too good to be true,
and/or
2. Jordan Select wouldn't live up to their reputation.

I was happy to find that I was wrong on both counts.

I worked extensively with Hind to book a tailored trip which included all of the highlights (Amman, Aljoun, Umm Qais, Jerash, Petra, Karak, Wadi Rum, Madaba, Bethany and the Dead Sea) with the exception of Aqaba. I had a rough idea of where, and for how long, I wanted to visit and Hind provided guidance on the best "program" based on logistics. I also wanted to include some day hikes and she was a great source for suggestions.

We were met at the AMM airport by a Jordan Select representative. He collected our payment (this was unique to me - no down payment required, we were given the option to pay in full on arrival), reviewed our program, then introduced us to our driver (Mohamed).

Mohamed was outstanding - he went over each day's itinerary so that we knew how far we'd be going and when the best time would be to start. He was prompt for all pick-ups and was always waiting at the conclusion of our tours/stop.

The day before our departure a Jordan Select representative called to inquire about our satisfaction - something else I've not experienced with other tour operators.

During our time in country (11 days) we met a variety of people who arranged for transport after arriving. We heard no complaints from any of them and most were impressed with the service and reliability of the cabs/cars for hire. This may be less costly, although I did not do a cost comparison, so I'm not sure. However, if you're inclined to have your itinerary planned and booked prior to departure I recommend, without hesitation, Jordan Select Tours.