Tanzania Jan Feb

Mar 18th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Tanzania Jan Feb

I know this may be splitting hairs but woudl there be a huge difference in a visit to Tanz in Jan or Feb. We are looking at a trip that will mean we will have the opportunity to get away and be in Tanz Jan 22 - Jan 29th or possibly Feb 19th to Feb 26th. Which would be your first choice and why? Or perhaps would one of these time periods be a bad idea for soem reason?

Thanks in advance

J
Mar 18th, 2004, 02:07 PM
sandi

jules39 -

This I gather is conjunction with your trip to Cairo?

Well January and February are both good. Temps should be warm to hot with cool nights.

The herds of wildebeest and zebra are back in the Serengeti and of particular interest, it's also the "calving season" of the wildebeest in southeastern part of the Serengeti. And since it's after Christmas, the prices are likely to be a bit lower for accommodations.

But be aware that the weather in Cairo during either of the same periods, are rather chilly - something to think about.

Hope this helps

Mar 22nd, 2004, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

Yes Sandi we are thinking of doing a Tanzania / Egypt trip. We aren't too worried about Cairo being cool more concerned about Tanzania and animals being nowhere to be found!!!! By your answer and that of other posts I am thinking there is not too much difference in the 2 tiems we are looking at in Tz both should be great so we will just start to think about working around other things. Thanks for you input greatly appreciated.

J

Search this Thread