Tanzania in Late July/August

Feb 22nd, 2006, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Tanzania in Late July/August

Hi there,

As my attempts to get to Tanzania in June or July have come to grief (getting reservations in the right locations has proved impossible - Grumeti for example is fully booked from 25th June - 22nd July) I was wondering what the advice would be for August?

Would a combination of Klein's, a Nomad camp and Migration camp be a good one? And perhaps throw in Ngorongoro. I'll be travelling solo so anywhere with no or small single supllement would be preferable.

Any advice gratefully received.
Feb 23rd, 2006, 03:41 AM

Hi Tanky,

In August, you probably want to be in Kenya (Masai Mara) for the Migration, rather than Tanzania. You could combine Kichwa Tembo (CCA's Mara camp) with Crater Lodge as Ngorongoro has a lot of resident wildlife.

Cheers,
Julian
Feb 23rd, 2006, 04:10 AM
sandi

For August, definitely in Kenya's Masai Mara, which you can combine with some of Tanzania - Tarangire and Ngorongoro. Being August though, it's high-season with prices to match as it would have been in Tanzania in June/July. With the exception of CCA properties (Kichwa Tembo Tents in the Mara), every other place charges a single supplement. But there are many choices in the Mara.

If you were to stick with Tanzania, then Klein's, Nomads, Sayari would be the options, but all are small and expensive during August, even though Klein's doesn't have a single supplement.

Feb 23rd, 2006, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

Julian\Sandi,

Thanks for the advice. So it's either work something out for June or it's Katavi in September. However, I'm also going to SA and Kwando in October so the September date maybe a bit too close to that.

Cheers,
Gary.

Search this Thread