Tanzania December

Nov 24th, 2011, 04:31 AM
Original Poster

Tanzania December

Hello every one,
Me and my husband have planned a trip in Tanzania which will include 6days safaris and 5days in Sansibar.we were asking about the itinerary for a group every one told us it is possible,but we landed into the hands of Jabir tours and safaris who have their main office in Sansibar,the trip adviser from their company told us that it is cheap to do budget camping but has got some problems,like sleeping in camp site which you were not allocated in your itinerary,some visitors may need to come back earlier from the trip and you need it late or the other way round.delays of picking up time.
But they told us if we can make bookings according to what other visitors have requested before us then the trip will be good.But to avoid all inconveniences, me and my husband decided to go on private which wont cost us much like other operators do it.
Has any one an a different idea?
Jabizz.
Nov 24th, 2011, 09:12 AM

Where are you coming from - home, USA, Europe, China, ??? If you are spending $4,000 on air fare and two days traveling, you might want more assurance about those 11 days. I would and I would also want more than 11 days there. Because (from California) it does cost me $4,000 air (2 pax), 30 hours travel time and 9 hours clock change.

regards - tom
Nov 25th, 2011, 08:24 AM

Most people select a private tour that they can design themselves, rather than with a group on a set itinerary.

You can, of course, have a 'camping' safari for yourselves rather than joining others; or can arrange to stay in lodges.

Is Jabir the only company you contacted? If so, I'd suggest you contact a few others - many names of reputable tour operators or in-country outfitters can be found here on Fodors by doing a 'search' - to see what they can offer based on when you travel (prices are seasonal) and your actual budget.

Search this Thread