Tanda Tula or Inyati?

Feb 6th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

Tanda Tula or Inyati?

Has anyone been to either of these game reserves? I'm trying to book a reasonably priced but fabulous game safari for the very beginning of May. I want to see big cats and good food is important. I think Hoedspruit Airport would be the best one for us.
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:27 PM

TOBLER RE INYATI AND TANDA TULA.

Inyati is a beautiful game lodge situated in the western sector of the Sabi Sands Game reserve.If you stay here you can traverse over 10 000 hectares including the following properties;
Savanna,Ulusaba,Leopard Hills,Exeter,
Idube,Dulini and the non-commercial lodge Mckenzie Farm.

The western sector of the sabi sands will provide you with magical sightings
Famous leopards include
1)Makwela a female six years of age.She has recently successfully raised a litter of three cubs into adulthood.I saw these cubs when they were only two months old.

2)PINKNOSE- she is the other female you are likely to see

3)WALLY-he is the dominant male in the Inyati,Ulusaba Idube area

4)The Othawa Male- he mainly lives in Singita but from time to time will appear in the Exeter concession

LIONS

There are two big prides that dominates in this area

1)The Sand River Pride
2)The CASTLETON PRIDE -they also mainly live in Singita but overlaps with Exeter's eastern border

Inyati has a beautiful setting overlooking the Sand River.The food,rangers,sigthings etc. will meet most peoples expectations.The accommodations are nice however not as luxurious as Singita,Lodoz's,Earth Lodge or Ulusaba.ALL THINGS CONSIDERED good choice!

Tanda Tula is in the Timbavati Game Reserve.It is a semi-luxurious tented camp with a true bush atmosphere.

I don't want to shoot down the Timbavati Game Reserve but I have always had better game viewing experiences in the Sabi Sands.

So for your first visit to Africa of the choices mentioned I recommend INYATI!

Search this Thread