Taj Exotica Mauritius

Apr 4th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Taj Exotica Mauritius

Hi

How does the Taj Exotica Mauritius compare to other luxury resorts such as the Oberoi and Le Saint Geran.

I am thinking of spending 6 nights in July there.

Any comments, reviews, etc.

Thanks
Apr 4th, 2005, 09:06 AM

i apologize if i seem suspicious, but according to your other posts, you are currently staying for 7 nights in an aman resort in sri lanka this very week and then will continue to another few nights at an aman resort in phuket the following week.

you are either a professional traveler/ agent trying to get opinions OR rich enough to afford to spend a few nights at all three choices on mauritius.

so, come clean. who are you and why so many lengthy expensive trips that you need OUR advice for?

fodorites, my apologies if i am out of line, but i think i am dead on.
Apr 4th, 2005, 05:58 PM

Hi there

No offence at your 'suspicions'. Actually at the time of prev post, I was deciding between going to Phuket(for Amanpuri) and Sri Lanka (for Amanwella).

Now we are booked for 7 nights at Amanwella starting April 10.

Regarding Taj Exotica Mauritius, we plan to go in July. Theres a special offer being advertised for a pool villa for Euro 2000 (6 nights) and Euro 1500 (for 4 nights). On a nightly basis this is much cheaper than comparable options in Mauritius for a pool villa.

Hence, the need for this forum's reviews/opinions

Thanks
Apr 5th, 2005, 06:10 PM

ok. in that case i will tell you that the people at the taj are particularly unfriendly. the resort has almost no vegetation to speak of, and this creates the feeling of camping on a desert (unless they have tons of planting since the opening in november).

the views are spectacular, however the end of the beach you are on is closest to the reef edge and therefore it is not limpi pools of blue, but rather choppy and shallow, not suitable for a swim.

the area is chocabloc with other accommodations, so privacy is only insofar as the edge of the beach and the resort gate which is adjacent (touching) all the others on either side in wolmar.

for all the negatoives, if you can manage a bungalow with an unimpeded view of le morne (this giant rock) broubant, don't mind so-so food and little to do in the way of shopping (in other words if this is purely for relaxation), then take it.

otherwise, the saint geran is hands down the best of the full service world unto itself properties and the oberoi is intimate and lovely.

do they indicate why the special?

Search this Thread