Taba Hts. Marriott Beach Resort

Jul 20th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Taba Hts. Marriott Beach Resort

Following our Egypt tour, we are wanting to see Petra, Jordan. The Marriott is right on the border, and appears to be only a short distance from Petra. Anyone out there have any info on this Marriott? And does it make sense to try to see the highlights of Petra in one day, or do you need more time to do justice?

Is their beach ok, and how about snorkeling? I don't think we have time to go further south.

Any problems at the border, and what are the visa requirements? Can you pay with $US or??

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance. gam

Jul 20th, 2005, 12:15 PM
sandi

How are you planning to get to Taba? That's assuming Taba Heights is the same area as Taba (or immediate surrouding area... if wrong, let me know). Taba isn't all that close to Petra. You'd probably do better if ending your Egypt tour in Cairo to fly to Amman and arrange a tour to Petra for a day or two. I'm sure your Egyptian tour operator (assuming you're using an in-country tour operator... they can put together a better cost then if using a homecountry Operator) can do this for you.

On our way to Egypt we stopped in Amman for two days to visit Petra and Jerash. Only 1-day Petra which though short, was excellent... though 2-days would be better as the site is quite extensive.

Search this Thread