Taba Heights - Marriott

Feb 27th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

Taba Heights - Marriott

Hi
My husband and I are going to the Marriott for one week HB in June.

We understand there is not a lot to do or much going on, we just want to chillout and swim.

Would be really interested to hear any info from anyone who has stayed there, partic re

food
rooms - inc in-room TV/movie channels
pools
snorkelling
any excursions

many thanks
Feb 27th, 2004, 05:11 AM
sandi

You're correct in that there probably isn't much doing there - last I heard the only hotel was a Hilton, so things changed. However, Egypt is attempting to add addition resort areas thruough the Sinai down to Sharm.

Where will you be prior or are you just going here? And how/why did you select this hotel with what appears from your question, no previous information.

I'm sure there is TV and CNN, but probably not a whole lot more in English. Though the Arab country channels should be interesting.

I'd suggest you contact the hotel directly for other information that is important - excursions (I'm sure there are - to St.Katherine, climb Mt. Sinai, bedouin villages, desert safari, etc.)

Alternatives are Sharm or even crossing into Eilat (Israel).

Feb 27th, 2004, 05:13 AM
sandi

Just noticed that you are planning your time here in June. Know that the heat will be oppressive - dry, but oppressive - not unlike Las Vegas. So walking around isn't going to be the easiest thing to do.

Mar 1st, 2004, 01:11 AM
Original Poster

thanks Sandi - we didn't select the hotel based on no prev. info

It fits the bill as we are looking for a week on a beach with snorkelling in easy reach of UK and like Marriotts.

I have read some stuff on this hotel on the web and have already been in touch with the hotel directly - was hoping for some first hand experience from a fodorite who has actually stayed there as a guest.

re temps - having spent time in LV and Dubai in August I am aware of the temp and actually quite enjoy the heat - swimming in the sea is fantastic as is taking a dip in a cooled pool!

Search this Thread