Swis Inn or Sea Club Stella di Mare?

Jun 18th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Original Poster

Swis Inn or Sea Club Stella di Mare?

Has anyone been to one of these 2 hotels recently? I would like to spend a couple of days on the Red Sea coast, and I would like to hear your recommendation. I am in a search of a paradise-like resort. Thanks in advance for your help!
Jul 13th, 2005, 05:08 PM

We have stayed several times at the Stella Di Mare in Ain Soukhna and I was under the impression it was owned by the Swiss Inn group. I'm not sure what the Sea Club is.

The main Stella di Mare hotel/resort is lovely - pretty grounds, good food, nice rooms, great pool area, nice beach. And it's location (just over an hour by car from Cairo) makes it a great weekend getaway. But, it does not have the nice snorkling/diving opportunities that resorts further south have (El Gouna, Hurghada) - about 4-5 hours from Cairo. And, even these don't measure up to Sharm el Sheik (5-6 hours) for snorkeling/diving.

So, if you're looking for a great get-away close to Cairo, the Ain Soukhna Stella Di Mare is perfect. But if are willing and have time to drive a little further, I would. If you're going with a family, look into the Movenpick in El Gouna. If this is a couple-trip, look into some of the resorts (Oberoi or Movenpick) south of Hurghada.

Search this Thread